About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
- Work as an integral part of a Team to provide an excellent service to our client base by fulfilling the client's need for timely and accurate prices for derivative products for inclusion in the NAV and by ensuring that we provide leadership for clients in this area.
- Maintain strong systems of controls and standards in the derivatives support team ensuring that the business and our clients are protected from risk.
- Challenge our internal processes with a view to finding opportunities for improving the derivatives processes making them more efficient and cost effective.
- Support the business by being proactive in all aspects of our role, promoting the getting it right first time culture.
Principal Responsibilities Teamwork
Derivatives Support Services
- Develop a good understanding of all the technical function and processes within the team.
- Take on additional tasks helping other team members who may need assistance.
- Participate in cross training to get a solid grounding of team functions and to ensure the team runs smoothly at all times including holiday leave, study leave and sick leave.
Efficiency, Controls and Quality
- Ensure that all OTC derivatives have been captured and accounted for correctly at each valuation point for all funds
- Track lifecycle events for OTC derivative instruments from initial set-up to closeout; taking into account corporate actions, dividend payments and resets.
- Ensure systems and controls are in place to safeguard the integrity of derivatives set-up on the Fund Accounting systems.
- Establish excellent working relationships with internal depts. by ensuring that all queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to the culture of 'getting it right first time' and 'continuous improvement' at all times through individual actions and communications.
- Adopt a questioning approach to current methods and provide viable alternatives where possible.
- Manage the query process such that we have a record of all queries raised with the dept. and take steps to reduce the level of queries raised with the Team.
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive procedures manuals are maintained at all times.
Skills / Experience
Working with Us:
- A keen awareness of the Financial Services Industry with a graduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Highly numerate and analytical with an ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of OTC derivatives.
- Creative and dynamic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative and adhere to strict deadlines
- Professional approach and ability to develop relationships both internally and externally
- Proficient in using email and standard Microsoft Office packages. Whereby experience of MS Access, Bloomberg and/or Fund Accounting packages is not prerequisite it would provide a distinct advantage.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.