About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Front Office Solutions
Front Office Solutions provides a holistic digital+ service offering for some of the most sophisticated institutional investors across the globe, including foundations, endowments, pension funds, corporations, insurance companies, and sovereign wealth funds. As asset owners engage in more complex, data-driven investment approaches to asset allocation, their operational needs and demands for high quality data have skyrocketed. Front Office Solutions provides a holistic, full-service, multi-asset solution that aims to empower in-house investment teams and support their important mission by providing a more comprehensive set of operational services and analytics including portfolio management, investment decision support, operational risk management, CRM/document management and workflow tools Job Description
Under general supervision, the Analyst will be responsible for investment data management that will provide clients with the holistic data sets they need to fulfil their various stakeholder requirements. The Analyst will assist in researching solutions for data challenges for institutional clients. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Acts as point of initial entry for all investment data. Includes entry of (but not limited to):
- Investment transactions (typically statement-based for alternative assets; file-based for public markets)
- Investment valuations (typically statement-based for alternative assets; file-based for public markets)
- Manager valuation estimates
- Plan income / expense items
- Plan contributions / spending withdrawals
- Underlying holdings manager exposure data
- Benchmark data
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Responsible for preparing investment reconciliations. Includes reconciliation of cash, positions, performance, transactions, alternative investment metrics (unfunded commitment, etc.).
- Responsible for initial review of NAV, allocation and underlying client performance for alternative investments.
- Serves as initial reviewer of single, conventional and blended benchmark calculations.
- Participates in on-going process improvements based on specialised skills, knowledge, and experience.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Basic knowledge of the investment industry, including markets and instruments.
- Basic investment concepts knowledge: IRR, time-weighted return, NAVs, accruals, etc.
- Basic alternative asset class knowledge: hedge funds, private equity, non-marketable securities, marketable securities, etc.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint), with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and to reconcile any conflicting priorities.
- Commitment to project success as it may require working unconventional hours during critical project phase.
- Functional /industry knowledge of and experience with complex asset allocators such as endowments, foundations, family offices, institutional asset managers, pension funds or sovereign wealth funds.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (investment administration & portfolio analytics platforms).
- Orientation to operational process improvement.
- Client servicing experience
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
Working with Us:
- College or University degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or a related field
- Interest in pursuing: CFA, CAIA, CIPM, CPA, MBA.
- Genuine desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, professional, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, frequent re-prioritization, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement and best practices.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.