About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. The Role
EMEA Compliance Testing (ECT) is a functional team within Northern Trust's Global Compliance Assurance Framework.
The team reports locally to the EMEA Compliance Testing Regional Manager.
ECT testing consists of risk-based, point-in-time assessment or validation to determine regulatory compliance, and ranges from focused reviews of specific regulatory requirements for a segment of a business to enterprise-wide reviews.
This role involves working with the EMEA Compliance Testing Regional Manager and EMEA Compliance Testing partners to complete and report on specific reviews.
The successful candidate will be responsible for execution of the testing program. The candidate will be responsible for independently planning and executing specific reviews, identifying issues and underlying root-cause analysis, agreeing solutions and communicating findings effectively, both orally and in writing.
The key responsibilities include:
- Independently establish the appropriate scope and test steps for individual reviews
- Conduct and document testing reviews to assess compliance with and adherence to regulations/legislation and internal policies
- Engage with Compliance SME's to understand any matters for concern related to applicable reviews
- Follow established EMEA and Global policies, procedures and standards for testing activities
- Apply analytical skills to review information and determine potential weaknesses or exceptions to policies / processes
- Validate and summarise testing results in clear, concise language
- Detect and advise Compliance and Business Unit management of potential compliance issues and identify changes and/or enhancements to improve efficiencies in procedures
- Tracking of identified issues to closure via periodic follow up with action owners
- Validation testing to ensure actions have been adequately closed
- Develop relationships with Internal Audit to coordinate testing efforts and share results.
- Conduct meetings with business unit partners and management to discuss testing results and where applicable challenge management responses
- Support the Regional Manager with ad hoc tasks
- Work effectively as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment
- Develop strong relationships with the first, second and third lines of defence
The successful candidate will benefit from having :
- Proven experience related to compliance, compliance testing/monitoring or auditing
- Educated to graduate (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of EU regulations and key regulatory developments would be an advantage
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of using initiative to resolve problems
- Analytical ability to identify and understand problems as well as to provide effective solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence and expertise to advise and challenge senior management and the business
- Ability to make decisions on their own and also to be a team player and effective communicator to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple competing deadlines
Working with Us:
- Communication and Influencing
- Report writing skills
- Judgement & Issue Resolution
- Develop People and Capability
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement
- Teamwork and Collaboration
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.