Consultant (Financial Reporting)
- Location: Limerick, Munster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Consultant (Financial Reporting)
About The Role:
Performance of Financial Reporting related activities.
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds under NTI's administration.
- Liaison with external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable, including Central Bank returns.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met in relation to the Funds under administration.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Liaise with other units - Shareholder Services, Trustee, Corporate Actions, Control, Accounts and Fund Managers.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Accounting experience within the Investment Industry is a distinct advantage, financial reporting background an advantage.
- An appreciation of accounting principles is essential, the candidate will be a qualified accountant or part qualified and interested in completing their qualification.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- A bility to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Invest One and/or Sun advantageous.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets