About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role
The Ireland Client Expenses Team is responsible for the payment of Third Party, Management, Performance and Directors fee payments along with the calculation and filing of all related tax returns. The team is also responsible for the preparation and review of client budgets on a quarterly basis.
This Consultant position will help to support our expanding business in Ireland. It will provide increased control and oversight to the team and the successful individual will be based in Limerick.
The successful candidate will help oversee an operations team of Accountants, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all client expenses production processes. They will also consult with clients and partners ensuring delivery of a first class service and help to identify and develop process improvements, system enhancements and optimise effectiveness within the group and across the department.
The role would suit an ambitious, energetic individual with strong systems, product and process knowledge coupled with the ability to lead, motivate and engage partners. Individuals with previous experience in fund administration, operations or accounting are of particular interest for the role. This role will be of interest to candidates who wish to progress their career in a dynamic, 'best in class operation'. The key Responsibilities of the role
Skills / Qualifications
- Management of the Ireland Client Expenses operational process
- Lead and guide partners, and foster an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Responsibility for accuracy, and timeliness across a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters ensuring all SLA, project and audit deliverables are met.
- Drive & Lead the review and approval payments and budgets, file tax returns, and ensure all client queries are resolved.
- Maintain unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the departments' performance with a direct focus on quality, risk mitigation, efficiencies and internal controls.
- Work as part of the wider Fund Administration Ireland team engaging with multiple locations and partners to seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the department.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Experience in oversight of an accounts payable function for a multi-national organisation is preferable
- The ability to contribute to the overall department strategic, tactical and budget objectives and initiatives would be beneficial.
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving, planning, presentation, leadership and motivational skills are required.
- Proven client management skills deliverable deadlines required in a high volume, deadline-driven and dynamic environment.
- Strong PC skills required, notably MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Experience with instilling a strong client service culture in teams is desirable in addition to the ability to represent the business to clients via presentations etc.
- The successful candidate would display ambition, adaptability, positivity, confidence, discipline, approachability, creativity and enthusiasm.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.