About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. As a member of the Private Equity Department, reporting to a Team Leader within the team, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the administration of Private Equity Funds including fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 40 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best-in-breed systems and cutting edge technology to deliver excellent service to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to their team.
- Manages the preparation of interim and annual financial statements for PE Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex structures and listed entities.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Ensures NAV's are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Control the accurate and timely payment of operating expenses.
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- Preparation, review & collation of reports for board packs
Working with Us:
- Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification (preferable) with a number of years' experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.