About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The Key Role of the Investor AML Team is to support Clients' compliance with the prevailing legislation in Ireland through the AML Policy and Procedures of Northern Trust as Administrator. There are four teams with varying responsibilities, Maintenance of Investor Due Diligence Documentation, Oversight and QA testing of AML processes, Service Support for MLRO's, RM's and client site visits. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provision of AML compliance support for clients in conjunction with Northern Trust colleagues, and provides regular and meaningful periodic updates to line management and colleagues.
- Ensures that all queries from internal and external parties are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Daily liaison and attendance of meetings with internal and external parties to deliver AML Compliance support services to clients, investors, Northern Trust partners and, on occasion, Fund Boards.
- Manages the preparation and follow up activity associated with regulator, client and MLRO on site
- Works with colleagues and line management in reviewing client documentation and identifying issues with same (with timely escalation of material issues arising).
- Works with colleagues and line management in efficiently reviewing investor due diligence documentation and information in adherence with Northern Trust's AML standards and procedures.
- Sources outstanding documentation and information pursuant to processes agreed with his/her colleagues
- and line manager to ensure professionalism of approach.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice in Ireland and uses this knowledge to identify opportunities to enhance Northern Trust's AML processes and procedures.
- Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed.
Working with Us
- Knowledge of the AML regulatory environment in Ireland.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to research and understand complex issues and deliver solutions.
- Knowledge of day-to-day Transfer Agency operations and the wider funds administration business - not mandatory
- Previous experience in an AML Compliance servicing role - not mandatory
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.