Consultant (Tax Processing)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role:
Work within the International Tax Services Group (ITS) serving the Operations function for a diverse range of clients who have engaged Northern Trust to provide a Tax Service. Assists in reviewing work of others, training and control reporting as needed. The role is to act as an Intermediary to custodians & RM's, Interact with Sub-custodians, Tax Offices, NT tax Teams on a daily basis, responding quickly and professionally to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner. To continually aim to improve the service offered to clients. To take on appropriate tasks from the Team Manager and escalate issues as appropriate in a timely manner. Principal Responsibilities:
• Acts as an escalation point on technical items for other Tax teams within ITS as needed.
• Engage with Local Sub Custodian/Tax Paying Agents
• Handle complex queries and refer complicated issues to tax technical group currently based in London, Chicago and Manila
• Respond promptly and appropriately to general queries received from Clients, Custodians and Relationship Managers
• Process review and reengineering, always looking for continuous improvement to operational processes
• Tracking and monitoring of all technical market changes
• Work within a team with a strong willingness to assist others when required, building effective relationships with members of the team and other teams as well Skills/Experience:
• Several years of related tax experience, Tax documentation, Tax Reclaim experience preferable at Consultant/Team leader level.
• Previous experience in providing training to team members essential
• Knowledge of the investment management/asset servicing industry
• Bright, articulate and entrepreneurial with a demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles, work under pressure and successfully deliver to tight deadlines in a fast moving business environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail at all times, numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work flexibly when dealing with varying client requirements
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Eagerness and creative attitude towards improving product offering as well as a desire to identify and implement process efficiencies Desirable:
• To initiate and lead team building activities within the team
• To actively participate in Audits/ BCP exercises and to help the Team Manager to ensure awareness in the team
• To focus, Monitor & to report Quality Check Updates to the Team Manager Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.