Consultant, Training (Enterprise Change Management)
ENTERPRISE CHANGE MANAGEMENT - CONSULTANT, L&D (CHANGE EVENTS LEARNING TEAM)
The Enterprise Change Management team (ECM) helps the organization manage the people side of change and achieve desired business outcomes. ECM Change Events Learning team provides innovative training solutions that enable partners to develop the skills required for success. Role
As a member of Enterprise Change Management, the individual filling the Consultant, Training position will work collaboratively with team members to deliver training solutions on various processes for change events such as system roll outs. Under general direction, the Training Consultant defines learning and organizational development objectives that support articulated business outcomes. Designs, develops and delivers learning solutions. Analyzes learning and organizational development solutions for continuous improvement. Undertakes appropriate operational and administrative aspects of project management. Major Duties:
Area Specific Duties:
- Works with management, senior learning consultants and/or subject matter experts to understand desired business needs and translate them into departmental learning objectives.
- Works with stakeholders to determine appropriate learning methods and solutions.
- Collaborates with project teams to develop learning project plans.
- Develops and facilitates/delivers learning and development programs according to management priorities.
- Maintains a departmental inventory of training materials.
- Adheres to the work plan to complete deliverables in the expected time frame and notifies team of risks, issues, which may impact the project.
- Assists in the evaluation of training and organizational development programs for effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvements.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
- Designs and develops curriculum which can be implemented and delivered regardless of geographic location.
- Coordinate/delivers curriculum, within your location and remotely to other geographic locations.
- Ensures that learning and development interventions are aligned with Business Unit and/or enterprise-wide needs.
- Consults with business partners to provide ongoing support.
- Works collaboratively with other training teams.
- Instructional training skills in design, facilitation, development and evaluation
- Confident formal presentation skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to systhsize technical information
- Technical use of software and applications tools including Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Word, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Self starter and team player
- Three to five years of training consultant experience or five or more years of relevant business experience.
Candidates might be asked to submit a technical writing sample, either procedures or training documentation or develop and present a short training session. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.