About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Divisional Manager
within Limerick Financial Reporting department. This permanent role will be an integral part of the Irish Senior Management team. Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Reporting Operations, this is an excellent opportunity to progress in your career. Principal Responsibilities
Skills / Experience
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department's performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, in both onshore and offshore locations, fostering an environment which encourages participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to ensure 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the section.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Cultivates and maintains working relationships with relationship managers to ensure client account activity are meeting client needs.
- Participates in client meetings to explain the bank's product or service. Consults on effective ways to meet client needs or appropriate method to be used for resolution of an error.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in section.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews for all direct reports.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Produce on time accurate detailed appropriate management information reporting and analysis
Working with Us:
- Must have proven experience in the investment management industry acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations industry or audit industry.
- Financial reporting experience preferred.
- Proven experience in a management role in a Funds Administration or Investment Management Company would be beneficial
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Detailed knowledge of offshore funds administration. In particular Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS experience.
- Working knowledge of German / Austrian tax as well as UK Reporting Regime requirements.
- Knowledge of the leading Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting systems. Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems.
- Client Service
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instill a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via presentations, RFP responses etc.
- People Management
- Experience of managing teams and delegating responsibility to same whilst maintaining control.
- Business Management
- Whilst maintaining primary responsibility for Financial Reporting think creatively and 'outside of the box' in terms of taking joint responsibility for other areas.
- Identify solutions to problems across all areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
- Relevant Professional Qualifications.
- Managerial & PC skills training.
- Personal Qualities
- Disciplined, authoritative, determined.
- Enthusiastic, good communicator, coach, mentor.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient.
- Must be approachable and gain respect.
- Results-oriented, ambitious, highly driven.
- Enthusiasm to improve company performance and systems.
- Staff motivator and trainer.
- Ability to think and act creatively
- Identifies solutions as well as issues
- Takes initiative to improve areas outside of immediate responsibilities
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.