About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Reporting to the AML Head of Investor On-boarding with responsibility for the Ireland and UK daily operation teams, the role requires the candidate to take ownership and to support team-leaders in line with:
• AML Legislation/Regulation & Guidance/Best Practice.
• The Ireland Investor AML Department's processes and procedures.
In addition, the role requires partners to hold, build and maintain strong relationships with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency and Client Services Departments, as well as other key stakeholders, to deliver a robust AML service to Northern Trust's client and investor base. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Qualifications - Internal Skills/ Qualifications:
- Take responsibility for timely and accurate completion of AML operation teams workload allocated on a daily basis.
In conjunction with the relevant team leaders, takes ownership of the AML Investor On-boarding processes for all investors.
- Takes responsibility for the daily workings of the teams and assists team leaders in their role.
- Acts as a point of escalation for the team leaders within the team, assisting them with more complex problems and critical issues as referred. As well as assisting with those received from other internal and/or related external parties.
- Ensures that all queries from internal and external parties are dealt with efficiently and professionally, with support from line management where required.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Is proficient in building and maintaining strong management information and reporting structures within teams to ensure effective and efficient workflow day to day as well as embedding a seamless data flow within the team and upward to senior management.
- Works with line management to ensure that the Investor AML team meets the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined, from time to time, in accordance with changes in legislation and guidance.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust's AML processes and procedures.
- Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed across AML Investor on-boarding teams.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Knowledge of day-to-day AML and Transfer Agency operations and the wider funds administration business.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Problem solving and logic based approach to their work.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to research, understand and deliver solutions to issues, including more complex issues as agreed with line management.
- Previous experience in an AML role is a must. Preferably in the area of onboarding and ongoing monitoring of Investors and their accounts.
- Knowledge of the AML regulatory environment in Ireland and the UK.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and drive workloads forward using own initiative.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.