About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Opportunities available for Consultant &
Senior Consultant level in the Asset Servicing Global Control team in Limerick.
As part of the First Line of Defence, Asset Servicing Global Control team provide oversight and governance of the Asset Servicing Business Controls to ensure resiliency to current and future risks.
This role interacts with Asset Servicing teams globally with a diverse business stakeholder group within the operations of Asset Servicing through
- Control Framework and Assurance
- Collaboration with Second and Third Lines of Defence
- Metrics and Reporting
- Supporting Strategic Change
The Consultant/ Senior Consultant is responsible for working with control & practice managers to actively execute control best practices and advise on risk avoidance and control enhancements.
Regular activities to be defined and executed by the consultant/senior consultant include a risk-based control review, effective test execution and in-depth analysis of incidents to identify key trends and solutions to prevent future reoccurrence.
This role offers the candidate an opportunity to grow and develop their Risk and Control skills and Asset Servicing Business Unit knowledge while also enhancing their internal network through the broad reach of stakeholder engagement at all seniority levels involved in the role. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contribute to the periodic risk reviews of, operational processes, procedures, and client specific servicing deliverables. Ensure risk review results are documented and reviewed with the control manager and the global control executive overseeing the practice. Recommend control enhancements for high risk processes.
- Test the practice area processes, controls and operating practices through allocated control testing. Prepare recommendations to strengthen control weaknesses. Document and communicate test findings within the testing timelines outlined by control manager.
- Participate with control project deliverables, as assigned, to implement enhanced controls and efficiency enhancements.
- Conduct periodic review of practice specific policies and ensure procedures are in place and follow organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Escalate risk and control related matters to the practice control manager.
- Evaluates incidents and operational losses and performs thorough analysis to identify trends and root cause. Prepares recommendations for process and control enhancements in alignment with the practice control manager and the practice management, and validates any control enhancements to ensure implementation and sustainability.
- Manage the facilitation of RCSA ( Risk & Control Self Assessment ) program for specific business units, ensuring adherence to project plan timing; framework guidance and evidencing of control review and challenge.
- Assist with operational and/or corporate risk initiatives where directed.
- As a designated Control Lead within the Audit Remediation Program, work with Business Units to validate the management actions which are required to mitigate the risks identified by Audit.
- As a designated Control Lead within the Account Service Loss (ASL) Program, work with Business Units to ensure adherence to the Loss Event Data (LED) Program.
Working with Us:
- The ideal candidate will have financial services experience
- Experience in Operations Risk/Control/Governance/Audit/Testing Role
- Strong Communications Skills, comfortable interacting with Partners at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as collaborate with others
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 Packages, (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Power BI) and SharePoint
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.