About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Manager in the Real Estate and Infrastructure Funds (REIF) Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the industry leader of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate and Infrastructure market. This role will provide an opportunity for you to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having
- Manages a Real Estate & Infrastructure Funds (REIF) team within our Limerick REIF operation.
- Has responsibility for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to that team. Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department's performance to clients (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the REIF business and its partners.
- Assist Head of REIF in all internal reporting and trackers relating to regulatory and filing deadlines.
- Ensure detailed Fund administration procedures for all activities and funds within the team are in place which are fit for purpose for outsourcing or transfer to any other partner within the team and for Internal Audit and Control purposes.
- Manages and assists where necessary with the day to day administration of REIF funds and ensures agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Manages the Net Asset Value (NAV), Financial Statements and Regulatory returns process to ensure they are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Keeps abreast of current activities in the REIF's market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Work towards solutions to continually develop the fund accounting system and automate tasks to serve client and internal team's needs.
Working with Us:
- Hold a recognized Professional Accounting Qualification with previous experience in industry / practice.
- Detailed knowledge of FRS 102 and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory/tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Property Fund Administration.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects; Yardi an advantage though not essential.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Willingness to support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.