About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. About the Role
We are currently recruiting for multiple opportunities in Financial Reporting: Accountant, Consultant, Team Leader and Manager in our Limerick office. We look for people with Accounting and supervisory/ management experience in the performance of Financial Statement related activities: liaising with clients, auditors, investment managers. One will also be expected with operate within scheduled timeframes and resolves non routine queries. Why choose a career in Financial Reporting with Northern?
Principal Responsibilities of the Role
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Financial Reporting Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 120 partners in our Limerick and Manila offices
- Our Financial Reporting team provides an end to end Financial Reporting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Financial Reporting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Financial Reporting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
Skills / Experience Required
- Ensure Financial Statements are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Carry out duties in accordance with procedures and SDs
- Work closely with Manager on various processes / projects
- Ensure all client interactions are dealt with in a professional & timely manner
Working with Us:
- Procedural knowledge
- Customer Service Orientation
- Concern for Quality
- Team Working
- Organisation and planning
- Resilience and Self Control
- Problem solving
- Computer Skills - Excel, Word etc.
- Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of financial instruments, Valuations business & Central Bank regulations an advantage
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Strong experience as an Accountant with evidence of quality checking team's work
- Effective in the use of a variety of communication methods.
- Identify and 'own' problems, correct them as far as is possible and refer as/if appropriate.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.