About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
To work in a team environment performing depositary/trustee duties in accordance with corporate governance and infrastructure, Central Bank of Ireland and local market regulations and the requirements of fund documentation.
This entails areas including and, not limited to, client management, monitoring fund compliance with investment restrictions, engaging with regulators and audit firms, producing accurate MI reporting, assisting in depositary projects and initiatives, supporting new business activity within the depositary business and managing the production of centralised internal/external reporting. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Assist with the management, development and maintenance of strong client relationships.
- Work independently and be responsible for servicing allocated clients including timely escalation of issues on a day to day basis and internal queries.
- Assist in the completion of client reporting (monthly and quarterly) to fund boards, due diligence visits, client visits. and ensure reports are sent within agreed deadlines.
- Review fund documentation (e.g. Prospectus, Supplements etc.) from a depositary perspective.
- Perform investment restriction reviews, complete and monitor fund risk assessment reporting including the reporting of investment breaches and/or material price errors to fund boards and the Central Bank of Ireland, as required.
- Assist with the on-going monitoring of appointed global custodians / prime brokers.
- Ability to identify risks and issues and escalate appropriately to the management team.
- Work on team projects (e.g. new regulations and process improvements).
- Assist with the completion and submission of MI to Depositary committees.
Working with Us:
- Excellent communication and an ability to work within a multi-team structure as well as an ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong problem solving, technical and analytical skills with functional fund knowledge, ideally including exposure to complex asset and fund structures.
- Good understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to depositary/trustee and local requirements - in particular, requirements for Irish funds.
- Related industry qualification preferred with third level qualification and/or advanced in professional studies.
- Previous experience in financial services is essential with experience in a depositary/ trustee / compliance / audit role.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.