Senior Analyst, Derivatives (Confirmations & Settlements)
DERIVATIVE SENIOR ANALYST,CONFIRMATIONS AND SETTLEMENTS DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
The Derivatives Investment Outsourcing Operations department provides middle and back office operational support to investment management clients, across a wide range of Exchange Traded and Over the Counter products. The team's responsibilities include trade capture, trade affirmation / confirmation, trade settlement, margin calculation, margin settlement and all associated reconciliations.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust's commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards ROLE
Northern Trust is currently recruiting a Senior Analysts to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'best in class' operation at the heart of our business. We are particularly interested in candidates with previous experience in Derivative Operations although we are also keen to hear from candidates who believe they have a transferable skillset. Successful candidates will receive a mix of classroom and on the job training to become operational in the role. TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS - PREREQUISITES
- Monitoring and agreement of Settlements cash flows with counterparties
- Checking of trade confirmations versus the trade capture system
- Conducting root cause analysis into the reasons for confirmation turnaround failing to meet regulatory standards
- Processing of novations and client transitions
- Providing trade information to interested parties such as Fund Accountants, Trustees and Third Party Administrators
- Monitoring performance of counterparties and providing feedback to clients, participating in regular service review sessions
- Investigating and resolving queries and enquiries from internal and external clients
- Production of client reporting
- Performing bulk bookings and deletions for transitions in and out of NT
PRODUCTS COVERED INCLUDE
- Client service orientation
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Ability to process information accurately whilst consistently meeting external and internal deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Ability to represent Northern Trust to the highest professional levels both internal and externally (including clients, and regulators)
About Northern Trust:
- IRS, RPI's, Zero Coupon Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFD's, Equity Swaps, Equity Options, Variance Swaps, Property Swaps, FX Options, Swaptions, Cross Currency Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Basis Swaps
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.