About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The role involves working for a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. Familiarity with Over-The-Counter (OTC) products would be advantageous. The successful candidate is a strong performer who takes ownership of responsibilities and achieving objectives. Team focus and the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment is essential. This person is proactive in resolving conflict and demonstrates exemplary follow-through. He/she adds value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects while paying special attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator and works well with partner areas. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Understand, escalate and successfully coordinate all breaks associated with daily process flow.
- Daily support for the client across asset classes. This includes confirmation/affirmation, cash settlement, deal enrichment, reconciliations and troubleshooting.
- Escalate issues and signoff on daily process requirements.
- Ensure that all procedures and responsibilities are completed in accordance with internal and client policies
- Post necessary activity in trade system accurately in a timely manner.
- Create and review reconciliation reports and settlement comparisons dictated by our service level agreements
- Investigate trade and settlement outages, and escalate as needed.
- Communicate trade discrepancies to internal partners and assist in resolving mismatches between the client and its counterparties.
- Review trade matching and affirmation for OTC trades on trade date between the client and its counterparties.
- Help coordinate testing and connectivity with client's banks, custodians and prime brokers through the various electronic platforms.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Understanding of OTC Middle Office or Operations with a focus on TRS.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under extremely time sensitive conditions.
- Paramount client service & analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Hedge Fund structures, products and financial instruments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.