About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The Transfer Agency & Investor AML department provides fund administration services to fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and anti-money laundering services.
Reporting to the Head of EMEA Investor AML, you will lead or contribute as an SME to engagement with clients on AML service model and regulatory compliance, supporting clients in meeting their AML obligations.
Your detailed AML technical knowledge will position you as an expert in the Service Support team, to whom others will look to for guidance and opinion. The key responsibilities of the role include:
The overarching responsibility is to support Client needs in meeting their AML obligations in onboarding and on-going AML monitoring of their investors. Specifically, you will:
- Represent Northern Trust at Client meetings related to AML service model, AML regulatory changes, new business, reporting and Due Diligence reviews.
- Support clients in understanding the AML requirements to onboard investors and on occasion 'hand hold' onboarding of particularly complex or sensitive investors.
- Develop materials to support client understanding of our model and AML requirements, including presentation materials and AML commentary documents.
- Work closely with Client Service Managers and Relationship Managers to foster strong relationships with clients, building confidence in the AML service offering and gaining insight to their new business pipeline.
- Provide SME input to AML related projects including proposed technical developments or operating model changes.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Operations, Compliance and technology to ensure our service to clients is industry leading in terms of investor experience, regulatory compliance, and efficiency.
- Form a firm foundation for building strong relationship with our clients and their MLROs on all matters relating to AML,investor onboarding, and Transitions In.
- Work with the AML management team to support the continuous improvement of AML expertise in the team, including developing training materials and hosting workshops.
- Work with the AML management team to support the continuous improvement of the AML operating model, bringing ideas and experience to discussions with the AML management team to evaluate client or regulatory change and to identify robust solutions and improvements.
- Work with colleagues in Luxembourg, UK, Guernsey, US, and Hong Kong to build out the AML Centre of Excellence model in Ireland supporting these locations.
- Contribute to the development of the AML operations model across EMEA, understanding differences and working with colleagues in these locations to streamline and standardise where possible.
- May be appointed as subject matter expert on relevant projects, including EMEA wide initiatives such as Matrix.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Expert knowledge of AML regulations and operating model requirements
- Highly developed client service skills with a several years' experience working with senior contacts at client firms.
- Experience working with senior AML contacts at client firms, providing and gaining insight on industry trends and regulations.
- Highly polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of operations control and the use of management tools to facilitate this, including management information dashboards and incident root cause analysis and remediation.
- Experience of AML regimes in other jurisdictions, e.g. Luxembourg, Guernsey or Cayman.
- Confident communication skills, experienced engaging with senior colleagues in Compliance, Technology, Depository and TA operations to explore issues or requests and to determine solutions or way forward.
- An understanding of governance and oversight framework as they relate to work outsourced to NTIFASIL by clients.
- A collaborative, can-do approach to work, at ease operating independently or as part of a broader team.
- People management skills and experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater. #LI-Hybrid