Senior Consultant, Client Change
Senior Consultant (Project Manager)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Client Change Practice group works closely with Clients, Client Implementations, Worldwide Technology, Operations, Relationship Management and Product to deliver effective change management from change initiation through to implementation and benefits realisation. The group is responsible for programme management, project management and client change as well as business consultancy and business analysis, brought about by strategic direction, client's changes, industry regulations and/or operational efficiency directives.
This is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business with a significant pipeline of activity. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Focusing on client-initiated projects of all types; defining, coordinating and delivering development and process enhancements according to agreed specifications and in accordance with the project lifecycle
• Work closely with Clients, Business Partners and Consultants to analyse, scope and document improvements following required SDLC/ BPLC guidelines
• Prepares and maintains the overall project plan, manage deliverables against project plan, tracking overall progress and deliverables as milestones in adherence to project standards and governance lifecycles; manages the review and sign-off for deliverables
• Identifies, documents and actively manages Risks, Issues and Dependencies; escalates as appropriate to program management with requested solutions
• Demonstrate strong leadership and communicating effectively with different business units at all levels when managing process improvement initiatives
• Proactively identify and/or implement productivity and other process improvement enhancements to gain efficiencies, increase client satisfaction and/or reduce costs
• Develop and implement a scalable operating structure for the business considering global implications and benefits
• Undertake cost benefit analysis and see through to benefits realisation. Ensure that all dockets are completed correctly, business requirements are well defined and documented and UAT is completed in a timely manner with appropriate supporting evidence Skills/ Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Significant experience of Project Management and Business Analysis ideally within a funds environment
• Significant experience of project managing a large programme of change for Clients or Senior Sponsors
• Proven track record of delivering change programmes successfully (both technical and business projects)
• Communicate at a Sr. Level audience to help drive decisions
• Establish, build and maintain strong and effective working relationships at all levels across the organisation and also externally to clients
• Excellent interpersonal, consultancy and analytical skills
• Document requirements to a granular and IT specific level, plan project resources and timeframes, manage IT and UAT resources to successful project completion
• Strong MS Project skills, also MS word, Excel, MS Project PowerPoint, and MS SharePoint Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development -
Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.