About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
AML Compliance Ireland is part of the wider Northern Trust Financial Crime Compliance team and reports locally to the International Head of Financial Crime Compliance. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of AML Compliance Ireland.
This role involves deputising for the Head of AML Compliance Ireland to execute the AML compliance programme of the Administrator, Depositary and one of the Man Co entities in Ireland. The role will involve representing AML Compliance Ireland at EMEA and Global AML, Compliance and Risk forums, initiatives and activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for taking a lead role on AML regulatory change, conducting AML/CFT and sanctions compliance activities and providing day to day advice and support to the business and key stakeholders on AML/CFT/Sanctions matters.
- Be the key point of contact for AML/CFT regulatory change, ensuring the Head of AML Compliance and other key stakeholders are kept up to date on new and amending AML regulations to ensure full and timely implementation, escalating any obstacles or challenges to implementation;
- Perform the role of Financial Sanctions Subject Matter Expert (SME) and act as the key point of contact for internal partners and external MLROs on financial sanctions related matters.
- Investigation of Unusual Activity Reports and submission of reports to the relevant authorities;
- Provide advice to the first line partners and key stakeholders on new client onboards, AML matters that arise, preparation for CBI AML themed reviews and managing of CBI information requests, and escalations to Compliance on AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions matters;
- Deputise for the Head of AML Compliance at internal risk and compliance forums and other meetings requiring senior AML compliance input, as may be delegated from time to time;
- Prepare and present quarterly reports for Risk Committees and Boards, including review and challenge of MI provided to Compliance on AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions activities performed by first line teams;
- Complete the annual AML/CFT Business Risk Assessments of the AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions risk for the Administrator and Depositary entities;
- Conduct monitoring reviews of AML activities performed by first line teams, including reviews and approvals of high risk clients' CDD at onboarding and periodic review .
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Several years' experience in an AML role, that includes performance of business risk assessments, suspicious transactions investigations and filings of STRs and presenting to Boards and/or Committees of the Board on AML matters;
- Excellent knowledge of Irish and EU AML/CFT and Sanctions regulations is essential;
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of responsibility for AML/CFT matters and using initiative to resolve problems;
- Analytical ability to identify and understand problems as well as to provide effective solutions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Confidence and expertise to advise and challenge senior management and the business
- Ability to make decisions on their own and also to know when to escalate to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved;
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple competing deadlines.
Working with Us:
- Communication and Influencing
- Report writing Skills
- Judgement & Issue Resolution
- Develop People and Capability
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement
- Teamwork and Collaboration
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.