Senior Consultant Process Optimization
Senior Consultant, Process Optimization The Department
The Process Optimization department is a part of the Value for Spend Governance organization and has broad responsibility for identifying and driving global, cross functional process improvement opportunities using a variety of optimization techniques. The department uses Six Sigma and other Process Improvement methods to impact benefit levers of cost, quality, and risk. The Role
The incumbent will be a member of the Process Optimization team and will be responsible for the book of work in Ireland with a tight connection to priorities across the EMEA region. This role involves hands on review and analysis of operations procedures, processes, and problems to identify areas of measurable improvement across the levers of quality, cost, risk mitigation and speed to market. Responsibilities
- Review and identify business improvement opportunities in the context of measurable impact to the bank, by using a variety of optimization techniques and strategies and working with Partner teams across the business.
- Ensure a coordinated, consistent and effective delivery and benefit measurement plan, by planning and working with business and project teams.
- Investigate and identify root causes of errors.
- Re-engineer processes to ensure that client needs are met and efficient processes are in place.
- Navigate the organization and build consensus on optimization opportunities.
- Identify, understand and manage inter-project dependencies, risks and issues.
- Ensure integrity and consistency in all initiatives and allocated tasks.
- Understand and adapt to changing roles within the business and industry.
- Promote an optimization mindset throughout the organization.
About Northern Trust:
- Several years of experience in process optimization/process re-engineering is an advantage
- Prior financial services experience is desirable
- Proficient in techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean Analysis, Theory of Constraints or Process Modeling is an advantage.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt desirable.
- Process mapping, process improvement and operational change skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Minitab, Sharepoint, MS Access, Visio, and/or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.