About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
The Senior Silver Peak Engineer is a key member of our IT team and will be responsible for ensuring the stability and security of our network infrastructure. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and implement Silver Peak SD-WAN solutions to meet business requirements
- configure, troubleshoot, and optimize Silver Peak appliances.
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and design network solutions.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure smooth network operations.
- Develop and maintain network documentation, including diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and analyze network performance metrics to ensure optimal network operation.
- Participate in network security initiatives, including patching and vulnerability remediation.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other network engineers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest network technologies and trends
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with other IT teams and stakeholders. The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Experience with Silver Peak SD-WAN technology, including configuring and troubleshooting.
- Expert-level knowledge of routing and switching protocols.
- Strong understanding of network security principles.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools is a plus.
- Silver Peak certifications, such as the Silver Peak Certified Technical Expert (SCTE) or the Silver Peak Certified Design Expert (SCDE), are preferred.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.