About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Northern Trust has an established Global Compliance Ireland team, with partners based in both Dublin and Limerick offices. Clear goals, open communication, promoting collaborative working, empowering team members and having fun are features of how we try to operate as a team.
The team uses a structured and risk based Compliance Programme, to provide assurance to Senior Management of the Ireland Fund Administration and Depositary businesses on compliance with their regulatory obligations.
Two key elements of the Compliance Programme are the Compliance Risk Assessment and Compliance Monitoring programs. This role is in the second line of defence and will have primarily responsible for supporting both of these activities, as well as other activities of the team.
The role will report to the Sr Compliance Consultant, Vice President, in Dublin and will work closely with all members of the Ireland Compliance team and Ireland Senior Management, as well as regional/global compliance team members.
Compliance experience is not a pre-requisite for the role and applications are also welcome from highly motivated individuals with related skills, such as operations, process improvement, risk management and control. The option to progress formal compliance qualifications is available through the Northern Trust Educational Assistance Programme. This role will suit someone who wishes to develop their skills within a progressive compliance team. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Compliance Risk Assessment
- Apply and maintain a Compliance Risk Assessment framework in line with NT policies/ standards and regulator expectations.
- Work with regional and global compliance colleagues in other geographical locations to enable the development of global standards, knowledge transfer and best practice.
- Coordinate appropriate reporting at various governance committees, including the firms' Board and Risk Committee.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Integrated Compliance Solution System that documents the regulatory risks and is used to maintain a repository of compliance rules.
- Undertake assigned monitoring reviews in as line with the Compliance Assurance Programme.
- Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures put in place by business units to address NT's compliance with its regulatory obligations.
- Produce timely, accurate, concise and high-quality reports.
- Participate directly in projects ensuring Irish business and regulatory needs are being met and deputise for/represent the Compliance Consultant, Vice President at various forums where required.
- Develop a strong understanding of the fund administration and depositary entities operations, products/services, systems and associated risks/controls.
- Take responsibility to complete/perform other tasks contained within the overall Compliance Programme, as required.
- Act as a central coordination point for internal reviews, such as compliance testing and internal audit.
Working with Us:
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter and team player.
- Compliance monitoring, Audit, Risk or Control experience and/or experience of providing advisory support to business areas; OR related skills, such as operations, process improvement, risk management and control, with a desire to formally progress a compliance career.
- Ability to convey complex concepts or large amounts of data, in a clear and concise manner to diverse and senior audiences (verbal and written).
- Proven and strong learning agility with a keen desire to support the learning of others.
- Can operate within strict reporting deadlines whilst balancing multiple, competing priorities.
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Capable of making decisions, applies sound judgement and knows how/when to escalate
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.