About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This is an opportunity for an individual who is proficient in accounting to work on and manage large and/or complex projects meeting the financial reporting needs of our clients as part of a team. The successful candidate will be technically competent, and will demonstrate a broad and in-depth knowledge in the field, plus strong knowledge in related areas.
- Deliver and drive a high quality service to clients through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information. Be responsive to clients and anticipate their needs.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds under NTI's administration.
- Preparation of any group, board or ad hoc reporting required by your clients.
- Liaise with external auditors and deal with audit queries. Manage the audit process from end to end for your clients.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are consistently met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met for the funds on your team.
- Preparing and/or reviewing tax computations as required.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate. Liaise with other units - Liaise with other units - Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Legal, and Client Expenses.
- Train other colleagues in your areas of expertise. Review the work of other colleagues and provide timely feedback on any review points.
- Manage any assigned members of your team as required. Ensure performance review process is completed for your direct reports in a timely manner. Assist in managing the team in your manager's absence.
- Take part in transition and improvement projects as required.
- Liaise with colleagues in support locations, assist in planning outsourced work and provide colleagues in support locations with timely feedback on work provided. Review all work received from support locations.
Skills / Experience
Working with Us:
- Accounting experience within the Investment Industry would be a distinct advantage, as would financial reporting experience.
- The successful candidate will likely be a qualified accountant or part qualified accountant and interested in completing their qualification, however a good history of accounting experience will suffice in the absence of qualification. Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, recognising and following through on opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Invest One and/or Sun advantageous.
- Excellent client servicing skills
- Track record of reviewing and providing positive and negative feedback of colleagues' work.
- A team player.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.