About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Provide Team lead to a team of analysts that administer trade and life cycle event processing and reconciliation across the Contract for Difference (CFD) portfolio for EMEA Investment Outsourcing Operations (IOO) and Fund Accounting clients. Build a strong Team that adds value to the business, has a reputation for excellence and supports the business goal to be the best provider in our business with a reputation for exceeding client expectations. Lead the Team to provide an excellent service to our client base by fulfilling the client's need for timely and accurate trade capture and lifecycle management of their Contract for Difference (CFD) Portfolio The key responsibilities of the role include: Resource Management and Teamwork
Derivatives Support Services
- Develop a good understanding of all the technical functions and processes within the team.
- Actively manage the team - review their daily task assignments and daily progress against agreed deliverables ensuring that the workload is spread amongst the team.
- Set clear goals and performance measures for staff which motivate individuals, enhance team performance and complement business requirements.
- Provide regular feedback to the team with regard to their performance against goals and ensure that interim and final appraisals are conducted on time.
- Develop a cohesive team that is clear with regard to each other's roles and responsibilities and has agreed working standards and behaviours.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the Team ensuring that everyone on the Team understands the wider business priorities, client updates, current deadlines, on-going developments, etc.
- Put training and development plans in place for each individual on the Team in order to improve the skill set of the Team.
- Organise cross training to ensure the Team has a solid grounding of all functions and to ensure the team runs smoothly at all times including holiday leave, study leave and sick leave.
- Provide coaching and training to supervisors and administrators on the team so that become familiar and competent at resolving issues.
- Provide support to Head of OTC Derivatives Operations Ireland in all aspects of the management of the business.
- Track lifecycle management for CFD'S from initial set-up to closeout - including Trade Capture, Confirmation, Settlements, Corporate Actions.
- Act as an escalation point for any issues that arising with regard to the CFD trade capture process.
- Identify pro-actively areas for service enhancement by meeting regularly with the Fund Accountants, and client services teams to understand on-going and specific client requirements, ensuring that any implications for the CFD Team are understood and planned for.
- Provide progress update to Line Management on team performance highlighting specific areas requiring review/improvement/automation etc. ensuring that any potential issues are escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the CFD trade capture processes are well documented and that controls are operating effectively in order to pass any internal or external audit inspection.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- 3 to 5 years' experience of the Funds Industry.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to understand complex derivative products.
- Excellent People management skills with proven ability to lead and coach a high performing team.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Professional approach and ability to develop relationships both internally and externally.
- Organisation and planning
- Problem solving
- Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of CFD's, OTC financial instruments, Valuations business & Central Bank regulations a must.
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Previous Funds Industry experience with evidence of involvement at a supervisory level through running and coordinating projects, training staff or quality checking team's work
- Knowledge of Fund Administration /Accounting processes
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.