C++ Algo Development Lead, Vice President
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Job Detail
Morgan Stanley seeks individuals from different backgrounds and experiences as we strongly believe diversity is an opportunity for leading with exceptional ideas. Across all roles, we seek candidates who value honesty, character and diversity to foster an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging, and can partner with colleagues to deliver the best of the Firm to our clients. Professional development is supported through open and honest 360 feedback, career conversations, training opportunities, and mentoring / coaching.
We are actively seeking a strong analytical minded developer, Vice President for Morgan Stanley’s algorithmic trading services group. These systems provide cross asset class benchmark execution strategies, rules based execution strategies, and trajectory crossing. Our team is responsible for the full software life cycle of these systems. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our business partners in sales and trading, risk management, compliance, operations, research and other technology teams at Morgan Stanley.
- Get deeply involved in testing and deploying strategic and tactical solutions for trading strategies, monitoring tools, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
- Work with a leading international team which spans the globe
- Take a leading position in partnering with senior stakeholders Qualifications: Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or in other related fields
- Proven experience in C++ development
- Linux/Unix, Perl, python, Databases
- Experience in large scale plant management / operational support / risk management.
- Experience in the Algo / SOR / Electronic Trading business
- Strong communications skills and experience in working with senior stakeholders
- People management skills are a nice to have Equal Opportunity Statement
“At Morgan Stanley, diversity is an opportunity—for clients, employees and firm. By valuing diverse perspectives, we can better serve our clients, while we help employees achieve their professional objectives. A corporate culture that is open and inclusive is fundamental to our role as a global leader constantly striving for excellence in all that we do." ―James P. Gorman
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.