Senior Product Specialist
- 16 Million JPY and Above
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 18
European Asset Manager is looking for a Senior Product Specialist at a top tier, who will serve as a, “gatekeeper to our client’s investment capabilities”, the individual needs to fully understand all the strategies and deeply connect with investment teams to source their investment ideas. The role is expected to contribute specifically to developing business dependent on asset class. You will be at the junction between the sales, marketing, product development and investment teams, while showing the client your deep understanding of the given asset class.
Responsibilities Include Two Principal Areas of Focus:
Involvement in product and investment idea sourcing:
- Communicate with internal/external investment teams to identify new/existing investment capabilities on the firm’s global investment platform that match the client needs
- Keep monitoring new product pipeline across your specific asset class and inform the progress to relevant teams in Tokyo
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams in generating ideas while gaining insight into the local client needs
- Enhance the knowledge of Sales and Marketing people about new products through internal presentation and any other educational activities
Involvement in sales activities:
- Promote equity, fixed income, multi-asset, or alternative asset products (both on/off shore) with the domestic Sales Team, depending on your expertise and choice.
- Accompany the Sales Team on client meetings and deliver proper product messages to gain or enhance client’s understandings to equity/fixed income/multi-asset/alternative asset products on the firm’s global investment platform
- Help Marketing Team formulate marketing strategies
- Develop periodical/ad-hoc sale materials to bolster recognition of the firms products by for the clients.