(Associate) Business Analyst / Project Manager
, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Compliance Directorate (OCCO), Project and Change Management Unit (PCMU) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Business Analyst / Project Manager.
This is a full time position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 4 years . Panel interviews are anticipated for January 2021.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance. Purpose
As the (Associate) Business Analyst / Project Manager, you will contribute to preparing and executing projects, in particular implementing and/or extending software solutions. This will entail gathering and analysing requirements, liaising with IT and other Services to prepare and execute projects, thus ensuring the successful completion, including testing, training and post go live support, on various projects.
This post requires flexibility, strong achievement drive, a collaborative spirit, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and a willingness to work to strict and often tight deadlines with changing priorities at short notice while still exercising a great deal of precision. Operating Network
You will report to the Head of PCMU with frequent contact with OCCO Managers at all levels as well as close cooperation with OCCO's stakeholders within the Bank in the various coordination departments, Internal Audit, and IT.
The post works both independently and as part of the team, seeking guidance on sensitive and/or complex issues under the supervision of the Head of the PCMU and with close cooperation with other relevant counterparties. Accountabilities
- Ensure that projects and initiatives, in particular related to IT, are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way, this may include proposing improvements and implementing the necessary processes, procedures, standards, methodologies and working tools;
- Take project management responsibilities to deliver small and medium, then progressively larger projects and coordinate with business users and IT teams, in order to:
- Prepare business cases, functional specification documents and project charters;
- Propose and design technical solutions consistent with business requirements;
- Prepare testing use cases and organise testing of new releases for all Compliance related systems Prepare and maintain detailed documentation as required by the internal EIB PM methodology, and to meet operational and audit needs;
- Report on project progress on a frequent basis to inform the supervisors of progress
- Provide specialised advice and support on application systems and on operational and functional problems to OCCO staff and Management;
- Support business users, analyse problems and propose improvements by defining the required changes and managing the change of existing bank IT applications, policies and procedures;
- Design new business processes and suggest improvements in existing processes driving their continuous evolution;
- Contribute to the preparation of training to staff on IT tools;
- Create ad-hoc reporting used for decision making;
- Knowledge Sharing within the unit, with business divisions within OCCO and also beyond
- Full University degree, preferably in in law, political science, economics, finance or Information Technology;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in project management/business analysis, particularly in the design, development and implementation of business related information management systems;
- Demonstrable experience in Business Analysis and Project Management (Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices)
- Good knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques used in business analysis and process engineering would be an advantage;
- Solid experience in document drafting (English) and preparation of presentations;
- A strong willingness to acquire business knowledge in Compliance and good experience in functional analysis are essential;
- Hands -on experience using query language and reporting solutions (e.g. Business Objects) would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of a Client Lifecycle Management System would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft desktop tools (particularly Windows, MS Office, Web browsers, Adobe, etc.). Some knowledge of Document management Systems (e.g. GED, Microsoft SharePoint), web Development and content management systems would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 11 th December 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.