My client is one of the world’s largest independent asset managers (over $1tn AuM). Based in the firm's Luxembourg office, this CoSec will be responsible for the governance obligations of the Global funds business, managing relationships and a primary focus on the firms funds domiciled in Luxembourg and Ireland (UCITS and AIFs).
This individual will help support the Conducting Officers/Designated Persons of the Investment Fund Manager/the Irish fund company (collectively the Executive Committee) and the members of the Boards of the various legal and fund entities within the Global business.
This role will include the coordination and oversight of content for regular board and committee meetings, managing relationships with board and committee members, overseeing external service providers for related outsourced services and leading regulatory and governance projects for the Global business.
This position will have a dual reporting line to the Manager, Governance, Business Policies and Practices and the Head of the Luxembourg office.
- Point of contact for all board-related matters
- Organising board, committee and shareholder meetings.
- Production, reviewing and distributing board and committee materials
- Building and maintaining relationships with the board and committee members (internal and external)
- Managing external corporate secretarial and other service providers
- Ensuring adherence to applicable governance related laws, regulations and codes, working closely with legal and compliance colleagues. Leading the implementation of required changes
- Completing the commercial registry, regulatory returns, mandate filings and ongoing notifications and confirmations and maintaining records, registers, databases and signature lists
- Experience in the governance or management of UCITS/AIFs with a solid understanding of the investment management and fund business
- Demonstrated record in the funds business ideally including experience working with boards/committees and on governance matters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Leadership qualities needed to execute governance obligations and the ability to lead and facilitate cross functional projects and meetings in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- A technology mindset and knowledge of Diligent Boards
- Strong academic credentials /ACIS qualification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong business judgement, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience managing outsourcing projects or vendors is an advantage