- Permanent, Full time
- BIL - Banque Internationale à Luxembourg
- 13 Aug 18
Database Administrators - (M/F)
Database Administrators - (M/F)Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest bank in Luxembourg. Founded in 1856, BIL is a key player in the Retail Banking, Private Banking, Corporate Banking and Treasury and Financial Markets. These businesses are backed up by strong Support functions and by our Operational departments.
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest bank in Luxembourg. Founded in 1856, BIL is a key player in the Retail Banking, Private Banking, Corporate Banking and Treasury and Financial Markets. These businesses are backed up by strong Support functions and by our Operational departments.
We are currently looking for several :
Database Administrators (M/F)
In this role, you will design, install, administer and support multiple databases run by our business-critical applications;
Principal duties and responsibilities :
- Provide database support and troubleshooting for a number of business-critical applications coupled to our database architecture (mainly Oracle);
- Maintain optimal database performance by proposing database configuration/parameters according to application requirements and database infrastructure;
- Proactively manage data volume evolution by implementing capacity planning measures;
- Be the guardian of data security by implementing and maintaining control access permissions/privileges and monitoring security-related logs;
- Protect data integrity by developing, managing and testing database backup/restore and disaster recovery scenario;
- Develop and maintain database-related documentation (including data standards, procedures and definition for the data dictionary);
- Communicate with project and development teams to define database needs and constraints;
- Analyze, design and setup new databases according to BAU and project-related needs;
- Make sure databases constantly comply with existing regulatory and legal requirements, adapt and modify whenever necessary;
- Be involved in the evolution of our database infrastructure in tight collaboration with our infrastructure provider;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Master's degree in computer science or information systems;
- Oracle Database certification is a must;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle Database, PL/SQL; Oracle RAC; Oracle Exadata;
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
- System analysis and design skills : knowledge of data flow diagrams, data dictionary techniques, CASE tools, entity-relation modeling and design techniques;
- Data design skills : knowledge of database normalization theory, STAR schema design and data modeling techniques;
- Physical disk storage skills : understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers and disk load balancing;
- Data Security skills : understanding of relational database security including role-based security;
- Backup and Recovery skills : knowledge of third-party backup software, proven real-world experience in implementing backup and recovery methods.
Personal Skills :
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
- Effective time management;
- Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Technical environment :
- Databases : Oracle DB, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft SQL;
- Middleware : IBM WebSphere (WAS, MQ, ESB);
- Programming and scripting : Oracle PL/SQL, Korn Shell, VB script, Python, Java;
- Operating Systems : Linux RHEL, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows, IBM z/OS;
- Virtualisation : VMWare ESX, IBM PowerVC.