IT Release Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
To strengthen our Release Management team we are looking for someone with profound knowledge in Release Management who is also familiar with a financial service environment (ideally Fund Administration). The key responsibilities of the role include:
• define release windows (weekly, monthly, landscape) and the overall release lifecycle in coordination with company standards
• coordinate and manage releases for multiple applications that supports Fund Administration business
• coordinate availability of test environments for releases.
• measure and monitor progress and ensure releases are delivered on-time
• manage risks that may affect release scope
• conduct reviews and go/no-go mtgs aligning business with IT
• execute and guarantee release related control standards (e.g. control of change deployments, etc.)
• effectively communicate release planning and release content with stakeholders in business and IT The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Relevant experience in the financial industry
• multi-years of release and/or project management experience
• general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, expert level knowledge of Excel
• In depth knowledge of common agile and / or procedural models (e.g. ITIL, SDLC)
• high quality standards, analytical skills and structured thinking
• ability to work in a team as well as independently and under pressure
• confident communicator and capable of understanding client needs
• fluent in English (German, Luxembourgish, French being an advantage Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.