Software Engineer (m/f)
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Have you been “Young Padawan Certified”? Yes, you are? You are ready for the next step of your journey! You are still dreaming of writing perfect code in an awesome spaceship and be part of the light side of the force? The Millennium Falcon and
Have you been “Young Padawan Certified”? Yes, you are? You are ready for the next step of your journey!
You are still dreaming of writing perfect code in an awesome spaceship and be part of the light side of the force?
The Millennium Falcon and the Jedi Order fleet are almost ready. Our team as well!
Come on Young Padawan, jump in your Landspeeder and join us. We are just waiting on you to start the game!
The role and responsibilities
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer who, along with our excellent software development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed on by our company.
Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
As a Software Engineer, you will be in charge of collaborating and sharing knowledge and expertise. Proposing and implementing ideas and system improvements must be part of your arsenal.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design of the Galactic Republic.
The perfect candidate
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in software engineering, but a passion for getting things done. You want to have a position where you have autonomy and do awesome work. You also like to learn new things and you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- More than 5 years of recent hands-on coding and software engineering,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. (an intriguing reason for not having one can be an asset),
- Strong knowledge of .NET technologies and the related pattern like MVC, services architectures like Web Services or Web API,
- Knowledge or interest with JS Framework such as Angular or React is an asset,
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and comfortable writing and analyzing complex queries/stored Procedure + Basic knowledge of one of the SQL tool (SSRS, SSIS or SSAS),
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of concerns, code reusability, security and performance,
- Experience with Source Code and Version Repository (TFVC, Git),
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies such as Scrum or XP,
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing is considered as an asset,
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills. Self-directed, detail oriented, creative problem solver,
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges,
- You should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives,
- Experience and knowledge on security aspects in software engineering can be an asset,
- Experience with Microsoft server technologies such as IIS a minimum, relevant server technologies on Microsoft platforms, Physical server/network architecture,
- Experience with UML, Data modeling or Application architectures (3 tier, etc.),
- You are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator,
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in French or English,
- You are so much fun to work with, that if you were working on the weekend, we'd want to join you.
If your profile fits the above description, send us your CV and cover letter.