Windows/ Linux OS Lead
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities Role Description:
As Windows/ Linux OS Lead who responsible for the day to day operational support on MS Windows servers, RH Linux servers and VMWare systems administration. Experiences and knowledges on AD, Citrix, Oracle, SAP, AIX and other technologies are advantages. Due to the nature of the environment, there is often a necessity to carry out scheduled work outside of working hours, guide the team during a major outage and act as a SME to assist a fellow colleague to resolve an issue. Primary Duties:
- Performance Monitoring & Analysis.
- Backup and Recovery strategies.
- Cluster (Veritas) services maintenance.
- Active Directory, sites and domain policies.
- Change implementation
- HW (IBM, HP, COMPAQ, DELL)
- Oracle DB
- Veritas BackupExec/NetBackup, ARCserve
- SAN storage.
- Monitor and review system logs and detect and troubleshoot problems.
- Demonstrate in day-to-day work adherence to security best practices and technology services access control and security policies.
- Establish and maintain suitable resource and performance monitoring on all systems.
- Responsible with all Batch Scripting.
- Implementing server health checks and audit activities when required as assigned.
- Explore new technologies that will enhance/expand NT/Netware system use to all areas of the organization.
- Understand the applicable processes and procedures of the organization and make recommendations in the continual improvement of those processes and procedures, providing for management analysis and recommendations on continual improvement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7 years of experience in server administration in corporate environment.
- Good knowledge on LVM, GFS, EXT and working knowledge of shell scripting, LDAP, network and security management, filesystem backup & restore.
- Exposure to VMware networking like vDS, standard switches migration, Policies, LACP, static binding, dynamic binding, migration from s-switch to VDS.
- Experience with VMware NSX implementation experience and integration with VMWare products. Ability to perform VMware core level trouble shooting in ESX servers and vCenter servers.
- Experience with cloud platforms like vCloud director and vRealize automation (implementation and troubleshooting) and core architecture of VMWare and ability to help design/advise on design of VMware environments.
- Experienced with technical standards documentation (configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, upgrades)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise in Block storage/Object storage/File storage. Hardware Storage like NETAPP, HP, Dell, Endurance. Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 + NetScaler users support - build and restore
- Good knowledge on all major server H/W like Cisco UCS, Del, HP, IBM servers, HP chassis boxes. OVA/OVF/ISO/appliances installation, configuration.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios, QRADAR, IBM Tivoli.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.