Information Security Associate II
Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) is dedicated to analyzing traffic flow and monitoring for threats and attacks. CSOC operates 24/7 so that networks and endpoints are constantly monitored. If a vulnerability is found or an incident is discovered, the CSOC will engage with relevant stakeholders to investigate the root cause. CSOC is a unit of the bigger Information Security department. Position summary
We're looking for candidate with good communication skills as you you'll be required to speak with stakeholders from different parts of the world. Candidate will also need to have decent understanding of Computer Networking and Information Technology. Knowledge on Cyber Security is an added advantage. What You'll Do
- Monitor different platforms for anomalies
- Work closely with all operational teams to assign ownership of events
- Monitor network availability for any potential security incidents and investigate security events when applicable.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Identify security breaches and take action to stop and prevent them in the future
- Updating, maintaining and version management of Standard Documents through online system.
- Create incidents based on suspicious alerts and proceed according to incident response guidelines
- Basic analysis of IDS, Syslog and SIEM alerts
- Use advance analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Focusing on cloud security - looking into alerts and logs from cloud access security broker (MCAS) and other security logs and alerts from cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- •Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytic thought processes and ability to think critically highly desirable.
- 1-5 years' experience in Information Technology or Information Security related field
- Understanding of cloud security (Azure, AWS) is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Excellent written and spoken English
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.