Main roles and responsibilities
1. Handle all aspects of corporate secretarial services including but not limited to: convening/attending Board and Board Committee meetings and general meetings, preparing minutes and resolutions, ensuring proper maintenance of statutory records, due submission of statutory returns and compliance with regulatory requirements.
2. Keep abreast with the latest development of the Companies Act 2016, Financial Services Act 2013, BNM's Policy Document on Corporate Governance, Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance and all other relevant rules and regulations that applicable to the job, and where required, prepare gap analysis and implement relevant measures to close the identified gaps.
3. Advise the Board, Board Committees and the Management on corporate secretarial and corporate governance matters.
4. Liaise and correspond with external parties such as Bank Negara Malaysia, Companies Commission of Malaysia, external auditors, etc.
5. To prepare relevant secretarial or corporate governance papers/reports and present to Management, Board and Board Committees.
6. Assisting in any other additional assigned tasks as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
1. ICSA qualification and/or licensed secretary.
2. Minimum 10 years of experience in secretarial practice, prefeably several years in financial services industry.
3. Sound knowledge in the Companies Act 2016, Financial Services Act 2013, BNM's requirements on corporate governance.
4. Good written, communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Positive attitude, a good team player with strong sense of responsibility and able to work independently with minimum supervision.