About the Role
In line with the Company strategy/Operating Plan, to develop, implement and deliver marketing plans for several product/services through their life cycle and/or a market in order to optimize overall sales, growth and profitability. Overview:
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communication platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. Driven by unprecedented regulatory pressure, increased customer expectations and fierce competition, the financial services landscape is transforming rapidly and SWIFT just renewed its ambition to deliver instant and frictionless transactions. Delivering on the strategy implies an increased focus on data and data capabilities as it requires an easier access to more and better data in a secure way. It also requires more advanced analytics to improve the customer experience, remove obstacles on the customer journey, and evolve from retrospective reporting to real-time, behaviour-driven engagement.
In this context, SWIFT is looking for an experienced product owner, with a strong technical affinity, who excels at delivering business value to join the Data & Analytics tribe at SWIFT. Based in Kuala Lumpur, you will be working as a member of a dynamic team that is responsible for end-to-end delivery from customer engagement to operations.
As a driving force of technological change, our Data and Analytics tribe will offer you a unique opportunity to expand your reach in term of knowledge and network, and to build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform. The ideal candidate for this position should strive for delivering true customer value by bridging gap between business and implementation teams. What are we looking for? Leadership and communication
- You will be the ambassador for the product and you will effectively communicate the product vision, roadmap to relevant stakeholders and tribe leadership. You will also successfully create excitement amongst squad members in delivering the product vision while identifying most obvious risk and working towards mitigating them together.
- You will motivate squad members to continuously push boundaries, set stretch objectives & key results (OKRs) and demonstrate ownership, build an open environment for feedback exchange and adapt your own personal style to engage and build trust with a wide range of personalities.
- You will capture the voice of the customer (including internal customers and external partners) and translate that into a product vision and clear requirements. This will allow you to define the scope of the product evolution, prioritize the squad backlog and adapt the product roadmap based on captured indirect/direct inputs.
- You will act as a link between your squad and internal/external stakeholders to capture product feedback or new requirements.
Metrics & Tracking
- You will help to drive the resolution of impediments and dependencies with other products or tribes in a timely manner. You will hold retrospectives with the squad to learn and improve based on findings from past issues.
- You will support and follow-up on audit, security and risks related controls and activities, and drive the actions to ensure appropriate and timely closure of open actions.
What will make you successful? Professional skills
- You will work together with the squad on the business outcome driven squad OKRs. You will also define the mid-to-long-term future set of necessary competencies (resources, capabilities, infrastructure needs) in the squad to ensure development and delivery against committed timelines.
- Experience in product management/marketing/delivery.
- Good global technical knowledge is a must, including databases, networks, protocols and security.
- Good communication skills, with internal and external customers, but also internally with the team. Be able to adapt the way of communication based on different types of personnalities.
- Deep understanding of SWIFT, its products, its internal network, security and resiliency.
- Autonomous, empowered with the ability to adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset - we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player - gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)