Senior Test Engineer
About the Role
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. As part of its 2020 strategy, SWIFT is rapidly expanding its Data and Analytic products portfolio to support the Transaction Management Platform evolution.
In this context, Data and Analytic tribe is looking for Senior Test Engineer with the excellent technical skills combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility.
With the Agile Organization Structure in place, we are at the core of the financial service industry transformation and we believe our people make the difference. Together with the team, you will have the ability to participate in the development of one of the fastest growing offerings in the history of SWIFT. You will received necessary support from your manager based in Kuala Lumpur to ensure your success.
Come join us if you are passionate about Agile Way Working and would like to be part in shaping the future of software testing.
What to expect?
• Lead, develop and/or control the development of test specifications/test cases/ sets of regression tests, new and enhanced software release of applications in an accurate and timely manner.
• Lead the development of test automation framework and CI/CD pipelines integration.
• Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed automation solutions.
• Propose and create procedures that help to find errors existing in the product and execute test cases/regression tests to ensure minimal discrepancy between specified and implemented functions.
• Maintain/support/troubleshoot the testing infrastructure.
• Participate in requirements/design reviews to ensure testability and become acquainted with new products enhancements
• Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
• Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
• Develop and maintain test and automation strategy.
• Provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in KL.
• Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
• Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
What will make you successful?
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 6 years of experience in testing.
• 4 years practical experience with Automation tools (Selenium or Robot Framework).
• Experience working in Agile Team and Agile Testing Methodology (TDD, BDD and ATDD).
• Deep understanding in DevOps tools and Agile Software Cycle.
• Experience in Jenkins or other scheduling tools.
• Good experience with Windows and Unix (day-to-day operations).
• Experience in UNIX shell scripting and one of the following scripting language: Python, Java or Perl.
• Experience working with one of the databases : Oracle, MongoDB or PL/SQL
• Knowledge in webserver technology such as Apache Tomcat, HTTPD, Nginx.
• Knowledge in API testing tools : Postman, SoapUI or Apigee
• Experience in Agile Management tools -JIRA.
• Possess a leadership ability.
• Adaptability and responsive to change.
• Team player and take accountability for delivering result.
• Proactive and Solution oriented
• Quality Oriented.
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
Knowledge and experience in the following area will be an advantage:
• Knowledge of SWIFT Data and Analytics products and services (KYC, Watch for banking, BI for GPI, Swiftref,..)
• Certification in Agile Testing : CTFL, CTFL-AT and PAQ
• Experience in DevOps Adoption.
• Development experience in one of the following area : JAVA, PL/SQL
• Experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
• Experience in security testing tools - CIS-CAT, BURP
• Experience in performance testing methods (Load or Stress).
• Knowledge in configuration management tool (Ansible, CHEF, Puppet, etc..) and container management system (Docker, Kubernetes, etc..)
• Experience in Microstrategy solutions.