Trade Operations Officer
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
Trade Operations Officer
- Responsible for day to day processing & delivery of Open Account products with the primary purpose of meeting agreed service standards and maximizing productivity of the team.
- Ensure total compliance of laid down procedures in Departmental Operating Instructions/ PPG/ CA/ GTO circulars/ ICC regulations.
- Assist team Manager and Unit Head, Trade Ops in implementing changes to internal standards and procedures in line with the development in the business.
- Provide appropriate delivery and support function to the department.
- Assist LM & Head Trade in Migrating best trade practices and quality standards to and from other SCB Branches.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure Open Account transactions registered by Trade Windows/S2B/Swifts, are properly checked specially the client's instruction and highlight / marked (any special instruction) and signed the pre-processing sheet before scanning to GSSC.
- Responsible for proper follow ups with GSSC in accordance with the SLA agreement and escalate to the respective GSSC head in case of any delay by processing team.
- Responsible to ad-hear the Bank Policy, process and guidelines.
- Responsible for achieving required standards of accuracy, quality, timeliness and efficiency in all tasks undertaken for processing of customer transactions in order to deliver product and services within quality (TAT) and as per service standards agreed with business division.
- Responsible to handle internal, external & client queries in a timely and quality manner.
- Responsible for resolving discrepancies / queries raised by GSSC swiftly by consulting with the Internal / external stake holders (Business, Credit, CRC, PSS, FM, etc.) and the client.
- Responsible to dispatch on return original documents as per the Client / Bank instructions.
- Responsible to perform Day End Recon with the help of Transaction Dash Board and Dispatch control report (DHL/courier) and ensure no document left pending without a justification. Proper escalation to be made to the relevant stake holders of any pending documents.
- Optimize the use of TP systems and Transaction Dash Board (TD).
- Follow ups for Original Documents which has been process against Fax transactions.
- Timely clearance of all Open Account related items from NOSTRO, Sundry & Suspense accounts (No over aged items)
- Ensure timely escalation/follow ups and recovery of all pending transactions related to Open Account transactions from customers/non customers/Banks/FIs
- Contribute to improvement in the effectiveness of the team by fostering good working relationships with them.
- Compilation and timely submission of the all internal and external returns related to Export.
- Maintenance / updating of record files for export bills related transactions and proper archival of cases at defined location.
- Ensure processing of transactions in compliance of Group sanction policy & procedure and AML policy for Trade Ops.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of and ability to apply section processes as defined in documented procedure and an understanding of these in the broader aspect and Identify reporting to the team manager for any inherent risk in day to day operations.
- Extend support to team leader for the implementation of BOLD principals in trade.
- Ensure non repetition of audit (Internal/external/Group) comments as circulated by the HOT/LM.
- Key responsibilities cover SCBMB, SCB Labuan and its subsidiaries and associate companies including SCSB.
- Any other task assigned by Head Trade Ops/ LM.
Qualifications and Skills
No job description available
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.