Unit Head, Collections Strategy & MIS
- Contribute to meet department financial KPI.
- Ensure strict adherence to all credit policies, procedures, BNM guidelines, compliance, information security, etc
- Ensure timely submission of compliance reports, ie CSA, RRSA and BNM Regulatory reports
- Provide analysis on delinquency trend, monthly collection/portfolio performance to Consumer & EmB Risk Head, Collections Head and respective functional head as to ensure action plan or control is in place to improve portfolio health or to prevent triggers.
- To perform yearly and quarterly review on budget and capacity planning as to ensure Collections are able to support the business based on latest performance trend and staff force conditions.
- To ensure MIS team execute critical tasks that impacts SP or GL by providing exception reports for collection operation by providing updated daily positions / SP forecast
- Perform validation on Collectors' Standard of Performance (SOP) and Account per Collector Ratio (ACR).
- Perform validation and tracking on new and existing Collections strategies.
- Work with the Debt Manager Administrator to enhance and improve the collection processes.
- Support Collections initiatives to control performance, delinquency rates and credit losses.
- Assist in presenting analytical observations and influencing business decision-makers to propose policy recommendations
- Review department monthly expense and accrual account to ensure department cost is within KPI.
- Support process enhancement and improvement of other units in the department through system development and maintenance.
- Preparation and compilation of monthly or adhoc reporting (includes presentation materials), if any.
- Develop staff to a higher level of performance through personal coaching; appraisals and training
- Plan for continuity and succession of jobs by recognising and developing staff potentials
- Implement new initiatives to constantly improve Employee Satisfaction; maintain high morale of staff and retain good performers in the team.
- Take on ad hoc projects and tasks assigned by the HOD
- Backup other Unit Head during their absence
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Possess good interpersonal and people management skills
- Practical knowledge and experience on unsecured and secured products, collections and recovery system
- Have a sound understanding of all key aspects of risk management from Collections to remedial management
- Relevant Tertiary or equivalent professional qualification
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in Collections experiences
- Preference for candidates with experience in programming languages i.e. SAS and knowledge in data management, analysis and simulation.
- Committed in completing assignment within deadline, strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Strong business knowledge in Retail Loan, Deposit and Cards is essential