Commercial Sales Representative
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
As a Commercial Sales Representative (Geo Expansion), your role is to successfully create and close cooperation with Partners, distributors, marketing and digital sales in the Geo Cities ie. Northern, Southern & East Malaysia. The Sales Professional will utilize knowledge of industry segment processes and challenges to successfully position and sell Commerce solutions. The ideal candidate for this position should have relevant experience and success in selling in Commercial sector in the stated Geo Cities.
- Has the ability to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers
- Oversee a portfolio of assigned customers,
- Develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities and identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Align with Business partners for market development and promotion of selected offerings
- Ability to build coverage and engagement plan to grow the assigned territory
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within the assigned territory
- Ability to lead relevant brands to offer solutions
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Having 3 - 4 years solid IT sales, services sales, client representative experiences
- Ability to lead commercial sales in Northern, Southern and East Malaysia
- Good communication skills in English and some local dialects.
- Strong client relationship focus (both internal & external)
- Strong presentation & written skills, negotiation skills.
- Competitive nature. Goal -oriented. Maintains a sense of urgency in a deadline-driven setting.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cloud, Security, AI, Cognitive, Analytics, Blockchain knowledge or experience is added advantages
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.