Internship for End of Leasing Business Support Specialist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Global Financing Center, which commenced operations in Malaysia in 2006, is a cross-functional organization that provides expert business support, pricing, credit, IT and business controls for IBM Global Financing business across IBM's140 growth market countries. The Center's mission is to provide responsive and effective support services to internal clients to facilitate the achievement of planned business results and client satisfaction.
EOL BSP is responsible for maintaining a good relationship with the existing customer. The position is to ensure all the decision are processed with no/minimum impact to the customer. The person need to have a problem ownership, but may seek more experienced personnel for the advice. Acts as interface between IBM and customer to ensure that any exposures or potential exposures are explained and that realistic expectations are communicated to the customer. Position may also be used for individuals responsible for the coordination, prioritization and resolution of such key business area issues as account receivables/debt collection or contract management activities.
1. Acts as interface between customer and IBM setting realistic expectations, resolving fulfillment/contract/decision related problems and providing support to customer ensuring a high level of satisfaction.
2. Have responsibility for more complex customer relationships, but with support of more experienced team members.
3. Ensures resolution of contract related problems and disputes related to EOL.
4. Understands and provides advice on IBM (GARS) offerings and solutions. Prepares associated contracts and supplements and performs reconciliation in line with commitment periods and contract end.
5. Maintains an awareness of customer decision and returns and communicates problems/issues to customers and appropriate IBM contact point.
6. Maintains awareness of customer debt/accounts receivable status and initiates appropriate collection activities. Coordinates communication with customer and works with counterparts to resolve customer disputes and problems.
7. Responds to fulfillment queries and ensures satisfaction with IBM fulfillment practices.
8. Ensures compliance to all audit guidelines and adheres to all established processes.
9. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned. Requirements:
Minimum internship period at 3 months or 3+3 months AND able to start work immediately after internship
- Able to communicate fluently in English & Mandarin (Regional Support: China, Taiwan, Hong Kong)
- Must be a Junior at an accredited college or university, majoring in Business Admin, Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or any other fields.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Power Point is preferable.
- Meticulous, analytical and a fast learner
- Able to multitask and meet timeline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum internship period at 6 months or 3+3 months and able to start work immediately after internship
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Global Financing (IGF), the lending and leasing division of IBM, is a worldwide leader in information technology financing that provides financial service excellence, to accelerate value from technology and help our clients achieve the next best thing. IGF provides funding to more than 125,000 customers in more than 40 countries, enabling our customers to buy or lease hardware, software, and services not only from IBM, but from any technology vendor. Some institutions finance purchases. We finance possibilities.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.