For our office in Amsterdam, we are currently seeking a seasoned compliance professional to lead the local Compliance team. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
Reporting to the Director of Risk & Compliance, the Compliance Manager is responsible for executing the compliance program for the company. The Compliance Manager helps to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, manages regulatory compliance initiatives, strategy, and projects in coordination with management and provides other business partner support.
- Provides day-to-day compliance support and issue resolution and serves as a contact for new initiatives and projects related to laws and regulations;
- Helps to execute the controls of the Target Operating Model, such as but not limited to monitoring and testing and KYC/AML reviews;
- Reports findings and recommendations to the Director of Risk & Compliance, internal and external auditors, and regulatory examiners, as appropriate;
- Works with the business to assess compliance risks;
- Develops and maintains effective and positive relationships with operational and business managers and stakeholders to facilitate partnership approach to compliance risk management;
- Tracks legislative and regulatory developments;
- Prepares summaries of legislative and regulatory changes and disseminates compliance bulletins to the organization. Assists in the creation of forms and disclosure documents for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal policies and procedures;
- Executes compliance policies, procedures, and programs. Recommends and helps to develop and implement changes to existing and proposed procedures, policies, and programs;
- Prepares periodic reports to the Director of Risk & Compliance regarding the compliance program activities. Ensures that matters requiring escalation to the Director of Risk & Compliance, including the occurrence and remediation of compliance deficiencies, are reported on a timely basis;
- Identifies, develops, and communicates compliance education programs and assists with compliance training;
- Assists in coordination of regulatory examinations, including the facilitation of information gathering and analysis, and the integration of data into a logical and consistent format;
- Monitors and tests the business’ internal controls to mitigate compliance risks identified during risk assessment review processes;
- Monitors the business’ execution and documentation of corrective actions required as a result of deficiencies identified by reviews, audits, and regulatory examinations.
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present to executive management and ability to lead a broad level of staff with a great level of confidence while demonstrating diplomacy, courtesy, and respect;
- Strong and detailed understanding of laws and regulations related to the assigned business units, including BSA/AML/Sanctions requirements;
- Strong working knowledge of business operations procedures;
- Strong understanding of best practices in the industry;
- Strong working knowledge of platforms within the business unit to be supported;
- Viewed internally and externally as a subject matter expert in regulatory compliance;
- Ability to collaborate with operational areas, regulators, and agencies, using strong listening, facilitation, relationship development, and persuasion skills.
Training And Experiance:
- 5 - 10 years of experience required in or supporting the Financial Industry, preferably within the trust business;
- Detailed knowledge of the Wwft and Sw required;
- Detailed knowledge of the Wtt and Wtt Rib preferred;
- ACAMS or equivalent certification preferred;
- Experience in providing compliance training preferred;
- Experience in managing relationships with De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, with expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;