Full Stack Developer
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Digital Engineer to join our CDE (Cognizant Digital Engineer) Team. About Cognizant Digital Business
Our Digital Engineering practice is responsible for helping our clients leverage next generation software in order to engage customers more directly, easily and precisely by developing production ready applications at record speed. Cloud technology gives Biz-IT team's unfettered access to technology to modernize and build core IT applications faster. We leverage cloud technologies, seamlessly marrying it with human insights & behaviors to develop solutions that not only uncover consumer's wants and desires today, but also predict their behavior and requirements in the future. About role
As a Full stack Developer
, you will get an opportunity to understand the client business requirements and contribute to the design, concentrate on the pure technical solution, learn new technologies, implementation of Web development, and working in agile environment.
You will become an active member of the DevOps team that works closely with other disciplines/roles. You are T-shaped professional and responsible for the whole life cycle (i.e. development, operations) of in-house or packaged applications according to development/test standards and corporate architecture policies including security and data privacy guidelines.
Examples of activities:
- Architect and develop cloud-native code on Java Stack that meets functional specifications and non functional requirements
- Create RESTful web services in Java, Spring Core and Spring Boot with Microservices architecture/design patterns
- Assist with build and deployment of apps., in cloud-native platforms/infrastructures
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues in cloud-native components
- Well versed in Multi/Hybrid Cloud Approaches.
Certification from Pivotal or Cloudfoundry.org or other organization is great value add. Our ideal candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
- At least 5-10 years of experience in developing enterprise-grade software
- Expert programming skills in Java, Spring Core, Spring Boot
- Polyglot Coding Architects
- Experience in writing RESTful web services, SOA, scalable components, knowing the complexity of web services scale complexities
- Experience in Cloud Foundry, Dockers, PCF, BlueMix , Kubernetes and other cloud-native components
- Understanding of, and architectural experience in 12 factor Microservices architecture
- Good J2EE design and development skills (full stack) with OSS/Cloud foundry skills.
- Knowledge in test-driven development and pair programming
- Knowledge in building, deploying web services in Node.js
- Strong knowledge of both NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB) and RDBMS database design
- Have worked as part of an Agile development team (Lean / Pair / Agile programming)
- Hands-on experience in creating build pipelines in Jenkins, Concourse
- Positive attitude to learn new technologies and approaches to deliver working software.
- To become part of a the 'flag ship' success story
- Open, 'can do' team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality & Drive your own career
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide