Senior Internal Control Officer
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Muscat, Masqat, Oman
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 16 Dec 18
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Senior Internal Control Officer, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Oman//Muscat.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
This role is critical to ensuring sound internal control policies and practices in order to protect QNB licenses, customer relations and sound internal procedures throughout the Singapore office. The Senior Internal Control Officer will assist in managing the internal control activities with the purpose of identifying and assessing the associated risks with the business activities, especially those related to regulatory and statutory requirements.
Responsibilities to include:
- Monitor action taken on Central Banks inspectors' recommendations to ensure effective implementation.
- Monitor adherence of business and support management to Central Bank/ Legal Authority regulations and statutory requirements.
- Oversee the standard of accounting and financial information, in particular the conditions under which such information is registered, retained and disclosed.
- Oversee global risk management by setting and ensuring the cohesion and efficiency of ongoing control procedures throughout the entire branch.
- Review new and amendments made to relevant policies, procedures, from internal control point of view.
- Prepare and implement the annual internal control review plan.
The successful candidate will be a University graduate and demonstrate sound experience of control/audit procedures and knowledge of compliance in a banking institution or regulatory agency preferably in an internal audit function. A professional qualification such as CCO/CPA/CIA/CA etc. is advantageous.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph