Risk Division, Credit Risk, Financial Institutions Coverage, Vice President, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs' credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm's capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm's risk appetite. Staffed with more than 400 professionals, Credit Risk operates through 11 different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is able to deliver high quality credit analysis of financial institutions (mainly banks & brokers). You will be responsible, from a Credit Risk standpoint, of a portfolio of EMEA banking groups, and you will expected to manage it on the basis of a deep understanding of credit fundamentals, market trends, impact of changing regulation requirements and risks associated with derivatives products and complex transactions. The fulfillment of your role will require frequent interaction with Sales & Trading and Investment Banking, as well as with senior members of Risk and other control areas to provide solutions for clients that are consistent with the risk appetite and underwriting standards of GS. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Provide senior credit risk management coverage of a portfolio of clients in the EMEA Financial Institutions space
- Assess the business and financial strength of the firm's trading counterparts to determine acceptable levels of credit exposure and monitor internal credit ratings
- Monitor credit trends in the portfolio, proactively raising and addressing potential issues
- Coordinate with Sales & Trading, Investment Banking/Capital Markets, Legal and Operations departments to review business and ensure appropriate documentation, limits and risk mitigants
- Represent credit views in risk committees
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader risk division as well as with other areas of the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Solid experience in financial institutions credit analysis, across lending and derivatives products
- Must demonstrate track record of independent decision-making and the ability to steer client and business negotiations
- Strong analytical skills with ability to rapidly grasp the mechanics of various financial products required
- Experience of supporting change initiatives required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Ability to communicate at the senior levels
- Experience of collaborating with various internal teams e.g. Legal, Research etc.
- Must be able to supervise, motivate and provide guidance to juniors on the team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity