AVP, Group Business Process Management
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain Manama Capital Governorate BH
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 15 Sep 18 2018-09-15
To deploy and drive the Lean Six Sigma initiatives across Bank ABC units as per the Group Business Process Management strategy in order to embed a high performance culture across the bank. The job holder will also contribute to the successful delivery of Lean Six Sigma training to staff and drive Units to achieve Lean Six Sigma Journey to Maturity Level 5. The job holder will train, guide, drive, motivate and assess the Lean Six Sigma practitioners of the units to deliver Lean Six Sigma Projects.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Group Business Process Management the job holder will support the:
· Deployment and leading the Lean Six Sigma Journey to maturity level 5 and other Lean Six sigma initiatives across Bank ABC units as per GBPM strategy.
· Lead the staff training on Lean Six Sigma across Bank ABC to create a lean culture of continuous improvement.
· Drive the Lean Six Sigma projects with ongoing support to the lean practitioners who undertake the projects.
· Provide input for the development and deployment of relevant Key Performance matrices to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the unit’s operational capability,
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to simplify existing activities and ultimately deliver scalable operational solutions to the units/ bank.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The job will primarily be focused on deploying GBPM initiatives across Bank ABC units. The job holder should proactively contribute to identifying and delivering process improvements and initiatives designed to create a unified target operating model for the units, simplify operational activities and deliver cost savings or efficiency opportunities across those operational activities that support the delivery of the Group’s products and services.
The job holder will need to exhibit a can do attitude, a zealousness for delivering change and a passion for challenging the status quo. The job holder will be expected to work with Unit Operations management, GBPM function and other stakeholders to ensure that initiatives are aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives whilst managing risks to within the established Group risk appetite.
· Excellent understanding of Banking segments, products, services, operations, and technology gained from hands on experience in operational roles.
· Familiarity with and exposure to continuous improvement methodologies i.e. Lean and Six Sigma.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including MS Visio.
· Ability to develop and deliver presentations, training programs & documentation e.g. PP presentations, Training sessions, Trackers, Progress Reports etc.
Education / Certifications
· Finance, banking, accounting, business, risk management degree or similar qualification.
· Lean / Six Sigma qualification – Certified Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
· Over 10 years of experience in a bank with hands on experience in Operations. Experience in other areas of the bank would be an added advantage.
· Over 5 years of managerial experience leading teams preferably in a multinational bank.
· Experience of leading business process transformation, managing/ contributing to improvement projects, Operational Excellence and Change management.