Compliance Specialist - Governance Advisory & Projects
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Sep 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Compliance Specialist - Governance Advisory & Projects, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
Responsible for the Advisory of policies, procedures, regulatory changes for both local and international environments. Take ownership of spreading and improving compliance culture and practices.
- Responsible for compliance advisory services relating to policies and procedures for domestic and international operations.
- Take ownership of tracking Tax Compliance Programs - working with Client Services to validate and update documents.
- Supporting departments with Tax Compliance Programs compliance advisory.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to Tax Compliance Programs.
- Contribute to the set-up and review of internal governance structures.
- Drafting of Corporate Governance methodology for banking projects.
- Maintain and update the governance framework, monitoring compliance, coordinating governance committee and board member meetings, establishing and maintaining a record of operational procedures manuals, and analyzing monthly reports.
- Identify the regulatory changes in Qatar that impact the Group's compliance (including Tax Compliance) risk, allowing for updates to the referenced charter, plan and policy manuals.
- Report on a regular basis to the Head of Advisory, Governance and awareness regarding non- compliance risks, identified breaches and corrective action taken pertaining to the Group's activities, for onward reporting to the Group Audit & Compliance Committee.
- Ensure that new products and services as well as all new/ amended Group policies, manuals and procedures are applicable to the Group's operations are vetted from a compliance perspective.
- Review all the new issued policies and procedures and provide advice on the non-compliance risk aspects, legal and internal control fundamentals
- Bachelor degree with relevant professional qualifications such CAMS, CISI or CFE.
- FATCA Compliance experience
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency.
- In depth knowledge of banking policies/ procedures, regulatory and best practice pronouncements pertaining to compliance, Governance and tax programs.
- Knowledge of Regulation is an essential (Liquidity risk management, Credit risk management, Market risk management, Asset and liability Management, Banking or asset management industry and products.
- Fluent English and Arabic is essential.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV