Head of Centers of Excellence ( Qatari National )
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Sep 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Head of Centers of Excellence ( Qatari National ), to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
The jobholder designs, develops and drives implementation of QNB Group People Development Strategy in line with QNB Group Version and Strategy. The individual contributes to the achievement of Group Human Capital Divisions' annual business plan by leading diverse initiatives, projects and programs related with QNB group's employee capability development in line with Global HR Policy & guidelines.
The incumbent leads the Centres of Excellence department responsible for introducing and managing global best practices in the areas of, but not limited to, Leadership & Management Development, Succession Management, Talent identification, Review & Assessment, Competency Development, Learning Management, Career Progression & Development and Training Program Development & Delivery etc.
- Drives QNB Group's People Development strategy and contributes to achievement of Groups' strategic objectives and Division's annual business plan.
- Leads QNB Group's Leadership Continuity Planning/Succession Planning for leadership roles and development of identified successors to create leadership bench strength for leading and supporting QNB Groups' continued growth and market leadership.
- Leads planning and budgeting (financial & resourcing) for QNB Group-wide people development initiatives including leadership and management development, annual training plan implementation, industry & regulatory certifications & accreditations, deployment of technology & solutions, hiring & resourcing of consultancy services etc.
- Recommends Departmental budget for GM Group HC and Finance Dept approval and develops processes and tools to control and report spending against budget.
- Spearheads effective planning and flawless delivery of L&D services, tools and resources to meet the people development objectives of the Bank in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Prepares the COE annual budget and develops processes to monitor, control and report spending against budget.
- Contributes to raising the productivity and performance of employees through systematic and ongoing skills development and competency enhancement.
- Ensure staff receive best opportunities for training and development thru various development programs in order to obtain high quality resources.
- Develops & maintains business relationships with training services providers, consulting organizations, educational & academic institutions within GCC region & across the globe as per Group QNB needs.
- Interacts with media as per the business & organizational needs based on GM - HC's directions and subject to Group Communications guidelines.
- Develops, agrees and deploys Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with divisions / departments and reports 'Turn around time' (TAT) delivery of L&D and TM services as per SLA agreements.
- Reviews and recommends the selection of training service providers and/ or external consultants for L&OD initiatives to appropriate approving authority.
- Ensures adequate resources are planned; acquired and deployed (Human; Material, Technological and Financial) to deliver effective and professional training services, TM Initiatives and agreed SLAs.
- Develops and deploys effective TNA tools and -periodically monitors the effectiveness of needs assessment provided by business.
- Provides direction to the L&OD function to meet the Group's employee development needs in an ever-changing competitive financial services environment, with emphasis on developing local talent.
- Supports the Bank's Leadership & Management Development and Succession Planning Strategy and takes a leading role in providing executive and senior management leadership development solutions, thus contributing to building Group QNB's Leadership capability and bench-strength.
- Ensures the deployment and utilization of MIS systems & tools, and provides accurate and timely management reports on L&D and TM initiatives.
- Ensures alignment of L&D and TM policies and procedures with business requirements and department/division goals. Ensures compliance with the local Labor & employment laws and pertinent regulations with respect to L&D and TM initiatives in association with International HR team.
- Ensures continuous process improvement and implementation of best L&D and TM practices through continuous assessment and feedback mechanisms by internal and external clients.
- Works closely with AGM - HR Strategy & Integration on Group Culture and Organizational Effectiveness initiatives e.g. enhancements in Performance Management framework, Employee Engagement Surveys & other interventions, and provides recommendations to bring improvements in people motivation and their contributions to QNB Group success.
- Key contributor for CoE initiatives in the Group Human Capital Committee meetings.
- Possesses superior knowledge of L&D and TM practices, frameworks, tools, processes and associated technologies.
- Ensures professional development of self and all direct reports & teams, and acts as role model to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Qatar labor laws and other applicable regulations for international entities.
- Holds meetings with direct reports and assesses their performance, provides feedback as well as the department's overall performance on a regular basis.
- Takes decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts within the team members.
- MBA / University graduate in business with HR specialization.
- CIPD member or equivalent Professional membership
- 10 years experience in human resources with responsibilities in Strategic HR, Learning & Development, Talent Management; Organizational Development etc. and preferably with a local/Gulf banking experience.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV