ASEAN Principal IoT Solution Architect
The AWS ASEAN team are obsessed with making sure our customers are getting the value expected from their AWS deployments. We work closely with key customers, partners and collaborate effectively with a talented AWS service team and the prototyping team to design, prototype, and build solutions and programs to help our customers achieve business outcomes and transformation with AWS and AWS IoT services.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated person who possess a unique balance of technical skills and industry insights, and someone who is excited to take on new, challenging and often ambiguous projects with multi-industry impact. As a Principal Solution Architect, you will work with AWS IoT and other service teams, prototyping, ProServe, Business Development, Sales, and our most strategic customers to co-innovate, co-build, and drive culture change activities. You will also identify the repeatable patterns in the customer projects and help build scalable GA services. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Identify, qualify, and set up Customer engagement. Dive deep with the customer to understand the opportunity and identify the quantifiable business outcome.
• Identify the common services across individual Customer project. Develop the strategy to build the common services to scale Customer engagements. Drive the Go-To-Market plan.
• Provide consulting support to the customer and Customer service teams, drive complex interactions between the customers, AWS service teams, Customer teams, and third-party partners;
• Author or otherwise contribute to business cases for Customer projects. Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers, presentations, demos, and reference architectures;
• Act as a trusted advisor to the customer and a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and partners;
• Open to global travel Basic Qualifications
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise applications
• 3+ years relevant experience in IoT Application development and
• 3+ years relevant experience in Cloud application architecture
• 2+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Strong communication and presentation skills to drive decisions across C-suite to implementation level.
• Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalise goals and work independently to create appropriate outcomes Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in one or more specific IoT/M2M industries (i.e. business automation, manufacturing, asset management, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.) is a plus
• Experience in Analytics and Machine Learning is a plus
• Industry experience - for example in Manufacturing, Consumer Devices, Automotive, Oil & Gas
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Proficiency in at least one of the programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Node.js and GO is a plus