AVP - Junior Software Engineer (Equities)
Our client is a global investment bank and is looking for Junior Software Engineer to join their team to develops products for facilitating access to electronic markets, automating and optimizing execution via value-added algorithms and strategies, and analyzing transaction flow pre- and post-execution. This strategy is embodied by its low-latency, highly responsive electronic trading platform and cost-effective infrastructure based on industry-leading technologies. This is a Global team with High visibility across the business and technology spectrum and has strong presence in every region (Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific). We are seeking to hire a Front Office Business facing Technology specialist role for our core technology backbone applications which comprises of components facilitating client connectivity, order management and market connectivity. We are looking for individuals who are excited to design in-house trading systems which are robust, resilient and super low latency.
This particular position, of Java Developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Hands on design, development, testing and deployment of server-side services and applications supporting the business
- Optimizing the platform by using network and systems programming and other advanced techniques to minimize latency
- Working closely with the Global teams to take the platform to the next level.
- Providing support for the desk with product related questions or issues.
- Be a team player
Our ideal candidate is an individual contributor with 3 years of experience in software development with a degree in computer science and:
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming in Java Strong familiarity with multithreading concepts, network and socket programming.
- Prior knowledge of C++ is a strong plus. Familiar with Shell Scripting/Python/Perl etc.
- Experience with Agile development/automated testing. Excellent communications skills, prior experience in business facing role.
- Experience of working in a distributed development environment (Git/JIRA/gradle/ etc.)
- Laser like focus in identifying automation opportunities/process simplification.
- Knowledge of FIX protocol would be a strong plus